CELEBRATING 8 YEARS OF BUILDING MEDIA PROFESSIONALS COMMUNITIES
IT'S OUR BIGGEST GIVEAWAY EVER AND WE'VE HAD SOME GREAT ONES!
WINNERS ANNOUNCED WEEKLY FROM JUNE THROUGH THE END OF SEPTEMBER
See the list of weekly winners following below...
THE ABBREVIATED HISTORY: Back in June of 1995, we began building our very first media professionals website which was then known as the "Media 100 Worldwide Users Group." Even then, the site drew two-thirds of its membership from users who didn't even use a Media 100. Why they came was that we had great writers who joined us in our own writings as we covered topics that spanned issues like editing, compositing, drive set-up and system maintenance, networking and many other things that drew users to our first site. We had writers like Philip Hodgetts, Reg Harris, John Mortensen and Mike Nibeck. The site grew and grew until we shortened the name to just "The Worldwide Users Groups" website at wwug.com. It grew to the level where it became the most popular forums site in its marketspace and we found ourselves strapped to try to support the burgeoning beast that "The WWUG" had become.
In January of 2000, we hitched our future and that of the WWUG to Digital Media Net who then seemed best able to take the site to the next level. Unfortunately, it seems that our timing was pretty bad as we signed on just in time to watch the air come out of the "Dot Com" balloon. On February 15, 2001, we were notified that DMN could no longer afford to keep us on staff. So, following the loss of the WWUG, we began building Creative Cow in March of 2001 and launched it at NAB 2001 the following month. The growth and popularity of Creative Cow has been nothing short of phenomenal.
Today, Creative Cow is one of the most respected media professionals sites on the Net and regularly sits at Number One* in the traffic rankings tracked by Amazon.com's Alexa.com web watchdog site. (*When compared to direct competitors like DV.com, the DMN sites and CreativePlanet, et al.)
Recently, the University of Colorado-Colorado Springs School of Business completed a survey of over 630 Creative Cow members and concluded that less than one in five users here at the Cow is a hobbyist -- most all are professionals who use these tools in their trade. This is what we tried to accomplish as we have never sought to be just another site that caters to everyone who comes by. Rather, our focus is just as it has been since June of 1995 ... meeting the needs and issues of working media professionals.
THE GIVEAWAY: So, we're Celebrating 8 Years of Building Pro-Focused Media Communities in which we're giving away many great prizes from June through the end of September. Over the years, we've had some great giveaways but this is our biggest giveaway ever! Every week we get more and more prizes to add to the celebration, so make sure you sign up and post on at least one of your favorite forums as we will pick our winners from among those actively posting on our forums.
Our current list of winners is found down below...
THE RULES: To participate all you have to do is be a registered user with a post on one of our forums. If you have a post, you are entered for a chance to win one of our many great prizes. Winners will be drawn at random from among those posting in the Cow. Shipping costs are the responsibility of the winner as we are giving away so many prizes that by the end it would cost us a thousand dollars or more if we didn't -- we hope you understand. As all of our hosts and contributing writers are all volunteers, we have decided that if one of them is selected, that's okay with us and we hope that you approve of that, as well. In the past, we've always disqualified leaders and writers but there is so much stuff we are giving away this time that we felt it would be a dishonour to leave them out this time. So, if one is selected, we hope you understand that they are volunteers.
So, thanks for being a part of all of this. It is truly an honor to know and work with so many of you over the years. It's been a lot of fun and we look forward to the years ahead.
The best always,
Ron & Kathlyn Lindeboom
HERE ARE OUR WINNERS SO FAR:
Watch for more each week through the end of September
1. Second Week of June:
- Janusz E. Starkel --- particle Illusion --- wondertouch
- Elliott Dunwody --- particle Illusion --- wondertouch
- David Loschiavo --- particle Illusion --- wondertouch
- Tim Langston --- particle Illusion --- wondertouch
- Steven L. Gotz --- particle Illusion --- wondertouch
2. Third Week of June:
- Rob Forsythe --- Shuttle Pro --- Contour Design
- Grasshopper --- Shuttle Pro --- Contour Design
- Chris Huggett --- Shuttle XPress --- Contour Design
- Perry Cheng --- Shuttle XPress --- Contour Design
- Aaron Fisher --- Digital Anarchy bundle of AE plug-ins to include Psunami, 3D Assistants Pro and Text Anarchy 2.0
3. Last Week of June:
- kingkool68 -- Vegas 4 -- R.S.V.P.
- Mark Suszko -- Vegas 4 --R.S.V.P.
- peter piper -- Sound Forge 6 -- R.S.V.P.
- Michael Shive -- Sound Forge 6 -- R.S.V.P.
- Gavin Impett -- Vegas + DVD -- R.S.V.P.
4. First Week in July:
- Elad Menashe -- Starglow -- Trapcode
- Bill Hamilton -- Soundkeys -- Trapcode
- Rudi Nieuwenhuis -- Starglow -- Trapcode
- Roadkill -- Shine -- Trapcode
- Jasenn Robertson --Sound Keys -- Trapcode
- Tom Gillen -- Starglow -- Trapcode
- Fredrik Brofalk -- 3D Stroke 2.0 -- Trapcode
- 3 people declined their prize as they already had these plugins so that they could be entered to win again... so 8,9 & 10 TBA at a later date -- Trapcode
5. Second Week in July:
6. Third Week in July:
- Neil Brocklebank -- One bundle of filters which will include the 3 following tools: Psunami, 3D Assistants Pro, and Aurora Sky -- Digital Anarchy
- Nick Campbell -- A Day of Training. Winner's choice of cities depending on availability -- Accelerated Learning Group
- Joe Cinquina -- One box of Premiere 6.5 for Windows -- Adobe
7. Fourth Week in July:
8. Last Week in July -- First of August:
- zach muse -- Accelerated Learning Group: After Effects 6.0 Training Day with Trish & Chris Meyer
- Ian Douglas -- Inscriber, the makers of InfoCaster: A bundle to include Inscriber TitleMotion (Standalone), Inscriber TitleMotionPro, and Animated TexturePak.
- Mark Simpson -- Media 100: One copy Final Effects Complete
- David Cloud -- Adobe: One copy Premiere 6.5 for Windows
9. August 4-10:
- shooter -- Adobe: One copy After Effects 6 Standard version for Windows.
- Jeff Fitzgerald -- Adobe: One copy Premiere 6.5 for Windows.
- Solie Swan -- Digital Anarchy: A bundle of software to include 3 of the following tools: Psunami, 3D Assistants Pro and Aurora Sky.
- ayato -- Profound Effects: One license of Useful Things for AE users
10. August 11-17th:
- Andy Hutchinson -- Adobe: One copy After Effects 6 Standard version for Mac.
- Roger Burton -- Buena Software: -- Effect Essentials --Windows or Mac
- Gary A. Bushey -- DigiEffects: 1 box of Delirium -- winner's choice of platform.
- marty simpson -- Classic Video Products: One volume of royalty-free stock footage
- Jeremy Smith-- Re:Vision FX: one copy of Twixtor for AE
11. August 18-24th:
- Nik Nastev -- Adobe: One copy After Effects 6 Standard version for Windows.
- Mylenium -- Digital Anarchy: A bundle of software to include 3 of the following tools: Psunami, 3D Assistants Pro and Text Anarchy 2.0
- Jeff Carson -- Media 100: One copy Final Effects Complete
- Richiedude -- Profound Effects: One license of Useful Things for AE users
- Johnny Shanton -- Sonic Foundry: One copy Vegas 4
- Bryan Carvajal -- Sonic Foundry: One copy of Acid Pro 4
- Edward Clay -- Technical Animation: Combustion 2 Training DVD set
12. August 25-31st:
- danny -- Adobe: After Effects 6 Standard version for Mac.
- mgmoen -- DigiEffects: Delirium
- Harley Michailuck -- Media 100: Final Effects Complete
- Robin Edward -- Profound Effects: Useful Things for AE
- newbie4000 -- Trapcode -- Shine 1.0
- Todd Fuller -- Trapcode -- Shine 1.0
- Metrov --Trapcode -- Shine 1.0
13. September 1-7:
14. September 8-14:
15. September 15-21:
16. September 22-29:
- jkyoung -- Vegas 4 --Sony Pictures
17. September 30-October 5:
- Dan Roesch -- Medéa Firefly 2/240 drive unit -- Medéa
18. October 6-12:
- John M. Fox -- combustion 3 for Windows® -- Discreet
- dfusion -- combustion 3 for Windows® -- Discreet
19. October 13-19:
- Bill Palser -- CustomFlix: Video Publishing Package plus Pro DVD Transfer $499 value.
- John Baumchen -- Digital Juice: Editor's Toolkit 2
- Anders Haavie --Intelligent Assistance: An Intelligent Assistant for KILLER Titles
- Mr. Happy -- Profound Effects: Useful Things for AE
- GregNeumayer -- Red Giant Software: Knoll Light Factory
20. October 20-26
- Anthony Smith -- Adobe: One copy After Effects 6 Standard version for Windows.
- Norm Li -- Red Giant Software: HD Magic Bullet
- Lukkee Chong -- Media 100: Final Effects Complete
21. October 27- November 2:
- Sean Benedict -- SmartSound: A SmartSound Library Volume
- Moog -- SmartSound: A SmartSound Library Volume
- Jeff Ewing -- SmartSound: A SmartSound Library Volume
Thanks to all of our great sponsors and congratulations to all of our winners!
- Accelerated Learning Group: Day of Training with Trish & Chris Meyer
- Adobe: Copies of After Effects and Premiere.
- Arndt von Koenigsmarck: 3 licenses of Translucent Pro will be given away in the Cinema 4 D forum.
- Buena Software: Windows or Mac -- Effect Essentials and Dissolve Factory
- Classic Video Products: 3 volumes of royalty-free stock footage. (300 clips per volume.)
- Contour Design, Inc.: 2 each, Shuttle Pro, Shuttle XPress
- Custom Flix: Video Publishing Package plus Pro DVD Transfer $499 value.
- DigiEffects: 2 boxes of Delirium
- Digital Anarchy: 5 bundles of software from Digital Anarchy. Each bundle will include 3 of the following tools: Psunami, 3D Assistants Pro, Text Anarchy or Aurora Sky.
- Digital Juice: Editor's Toolkit 1 and Editor's Toolkit 2
- Discreet: 2 boxes Combustion
- Inscriber, the makers of InfoCaster: A bundle to include Inscriber TitleMotion (Standalone), Inscriber TitleMotionPro, and Animated TexturePak.
- Intelligent Assistance: A Troubleshooter for FCP (3 and 4), A GREAT visualFX for FCP #1 (also for FCP 3 and 4), An Intelligent Assistant for Killer titles, An Intelligent Assistant for Boris Graffiti
- Medéa: Firefly 2/240 Drive Unit
- Media 100: 5 copies Final Effects Complete
- Profound Effects: 5 Useful Things for AE users and 5 Elastic Gaskets for Avid users.
- Red Giant Software: 1 copy of HD Magic Bullet and 1 copy of Knoll Light Factory
- R.S.V.P.: 2 copies Sound Forge, 1 copy Vegas DVD, 2 copies Vegas 4 -- download versions.
- Re:Vision FX: one copy of Twixtor for AE and one copy of RE:Flex for AE.
- VideoGuys: One 3 Volume set of Red Planet Cinema Media Mixer.
- Samir Kharchi: 1 license of DeepCutLiner, 1 license of DPInstantTree, 1 license of QuickCompositeFX and 1 license of DPack Complete will be given away in the Cinema 4 D forum.
- Sony: 3 copies of Acid Pro 4 and 3 copies Vegas 4.
- Technical Animation: Combustion 2 Training DVD set
- Trapcode: 10 licenses. 10 winners! Winner gets to choose from: Shine 1.0, Starglow 1.0, 3D Stroke 2.0 or Sound Keys 1.1.
- wondertouch: 5 copies of particle Illusion 3.0
If you arrived at this page from an direct link, please visit our forums at CreativeCOW.net.